Two sides, and both right.

Try living the life where you try to think of the other person, the other side, the opposing story... constantly. It's painful. But is it right?

Whether with friends or foes, imagine yourself reasoning for their behavior, attitude and feelings, and more than often above your own. Just because you realize that there are sides,and there are stories, and that the other person is as human as you. He/She deserves as much a chance as you.  I believe , 'empathy' is what its called.

But how much empathy is enough?  And on the expense of sounding selfish and insane, does constant empathy not ruin our own self esteem? As egocentric as this may seem, how do I find logic in losing my self in the process of understanding others. Just how...

Can anyone out there tell  me the exact proportion of using 'I' as well as 'them', and in that maintaining individual sensibilities and the social etiquette necessary to run a better world?

I am living in paradoxes, which life is. But I can't do it. Cause it seems that this very contradiction this universe runs on, disallows it to be followed by men - perhaps only understood.

Baah! How unfair is life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Try

A desire to be a smile maker.

Wish: Animated treasure.