Dear past self


Dear past self,

Know I write from care,
and so it's urgent this be told, 
present lies are corroding the future,
of the only true thing you own :
that tiny bit of dignity earned today, for tomorrow
well off, but sweetheart, a person who ends hollow.  

I know, you mean well,
but fear and submission, 
and even silence in chaos,
may not make you a culprit but a sinner nonetheless. 
So talk, show and boast of all you mean well
for an indifferent soul is the result of anything less.

Pay heed,
for mistakes are inevitable, 
and courage demanded,
be noble and prudent
not arrogant and defy.

I know, intuition guides you
foresight says otherwise, 
'To lie is to hide,
and to hide is for cowards,
and for cowards are temporal,
bravery... lasting & durable'

Alas, my future depends on you, 
you...who can do, 
that what I can not do.

With sincerest of regards,
and a heart of your own... I bid you goodbye.

Yours,
Future unknown.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ktfk,ujfvkhyg.kyig.ikygv.iky7t

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great progression from prose to poetry, amazing progression of thoughts. Specially loved the concept and the "not one dimensional" in-fact varying nature of the profound ideas, a more than satisfactory work for starters !! And I can't help but put my finger on the fact that you bought so much into HIMYM :') that you took this past-future thingy from there :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very thought-provoking post. I loved the poetic quality and the message it conveyed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ansub : No HIMYM reference. :P So chill. But yeah, the idea has been inspired. :3 Thank you so much!

    @Enigma : Thank you so much :'3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Criticise the living day lights out me,if you will.

Popular posts from this blog

Try

A desire to be a smile maker.

Wish: Animated treasure.