Younger sister and the parade of questions for me.

Oft times even with my own self I tend to question whether I exaggerate, and thus if what I conceive and conclude is truly reliable.  Later , with more anxiousness than I can admit to, I concluded that sometimes, I simply have to go with the flow. What I think should have a voice and whether right, wrong or somewhere in the middle, it should be spoken.

Today, looking at my youngest sister sleep I can't help but think, as I've done many a times before, whether people realize that being in authority is and should be more scary than taken.


For kids, like my sister, right and wrong are mere terms we feed them, before that they are all just questions,tangled but prominent conjecture of nothingness. Though questions are never wrong, it is the answers that may or may not be right.

Exhibit A:

Mama J gets a call from the school to send back Little J's report card, that which was send a week ago to be signed by her. To her surprise she knows nothing about the report card and asks her son directly.

'I didn't want to show you my report card' little J says in an obvious tone
'But why?' she asks
'Cause I got bad grades ...and if you saw it, I'd be scolded ' comes a reply in a matter of fact tone.

What a tight spot for Mama J to be in, if she scolds him, she proves just how right J's deduction is.

Sometimes kids bring up the loopholes in us, those which we stopped working on as soon as we realized we have power. Like this very common example which exhibits in its simplest form the improper way we exercise our influence. most of us at one point or another have encountered an unfair treatment by a supreme figure or been one ourself, examples that are much extreme version of Little J's story. So it comes as no surprise to me that the topic takes shape of an extensive importance.

Being authoritative, I believe should  not just be synonymous to being strict and firm but mostly kind. It's important to realize that like J or my sister, these kids don't carry manipulated ways of living their life. They don't live to prove how right or wrong mine or your designed morals and ethics are, they survive in the most inspiring manner of simplicity, something my words lacks worth to define.

Likewise is the case with other juniors in life , whether in respect to age,class or career paths. We can't simply exercise our powers and ditch the responsibility that are affixed, most basic of which requires  us to be sympathetic.


For now I just see a little girl by my side, but imagining how similarly our roles may be played by different people all around the world, with different degrees of consequences, I shiver to think that slavery is not an archaic concept any more, but has developed and modernized itself.



Comments

  1. Now that's what I was talking about :) The writing skills have immensely improved not that they were unsatisfactory previously but you've taken it to another level now. The selection of topics has always been fresh and edgy which is accompanied by a very innovative presentation this time around.
    Just 1 or 2 grammatical errors and the use of vocab was a bit enforced but 98% of it is all very beautiful to read and you've managed to keep the redundancy at bay. A 9.5/10 for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple feedback gets me excited, but a good and honest feedback gets me ecstatic!

    I have tried my best to take in the criticism and proper my presentation and shaping of the content I post. :)
    Thank you, thank you so much for rating it down and always being generous in telling me where I can do better :')

    JazakAllah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Criticise the living day lights out me,if you will.

Popular posts from this blog

Try

A desire to be a smile maker.

Wish: Animated treasure.