Paradise

My eyelids felt heavy, opening only to be closed again by the scorching white light. They didn't burn, for even after subsiding in pauses, journeying but softly from my irises to the brain, the light felt different, almost welcoming. It was taking me over whilst my eye lids battled and batted rapidly until it felt at one with me. From then, the brain to my toe nails, it had consumed me. Once conscious, I saw what was ahead me - pitch whiteness.

I could not feel myself, just that I was there, a presence. I was neither flying nor was I detached from my body, it was somewhere between the two. Perhaps afloat? Slowly at first but at one with my thoughts the light began to fade, as I fused words, then sentences to make sense. I wonder if I was really making any. Although the light had soothed down outside, it was still caressing me gently on the inside, as if in no hurry to leave. 

Royalty dawned me. My hair flowing, long and warming, partly covered with something, I say something and not cloth cause it felt like a mere layer of air. Also, I was wearing a gown. A magnificent one. I couldn't see it, for only my sense of sight was focused; the rest of my body still there, I guessed more than hoped , my gaze too transfixed on what lay beyond to give my self a good look. For that second, I felt I was only my eyes, the rest of me 'organ-less'. I couldn't even then help but ponder still over my attire. It was loose, but firm enough as skin naturally I know to be - never discomforting but ours and protective. I must have looked beautiful, I knew it more than just a guess.


The colour purple emerged, deep dark purple that is. And with the emergence of it I felt life.



       _________________________________________________________________


The black around the violet so gentle, soothing the atmosphere. I pause to think why black often is associated with wickedness, when in all honesty its just a colour like any other, in fact so chaste of all impurities. It is the presence of darkness that shows you the right path out of many, without it its all but a maze.

Tenderly before my eyes the purple restrain to channel a pathway and with that I start to feel my feet - each nerve of it flourishing as softly as young petals of a rose. My nerves on my feet alive yet gaze transfixed on what seems like horses, I think, striding out of thin air. They are so white against the darkness, just two of them, that a grey outlining forms bordering their bodies ,giving a feel of self emitted energy, except that their riders, caped in black but a shade that set them well apart contained the energy well. They were neither good nor bad, they were just - creatures. Their shape was so human like , yet nothing in me wanted to discover them any more than they were as in front of my eyes. God knows they felt distant and for good, not posing any threat neither interest.

_______________________________________________________________
   

Comments

  1. A very good read.... The choice of words has been particularly impeccable. The little details used to visualize a clear image are admiring which at the same time maintain the uncertainty of the predicament which can keep the readers wondering. The presentation of the entire scenario is immense.
    Awesome blog taba ! :P impressed !
    just went through some of your other works, I've got to say you've got something great going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AmdThePaki Haha, I don't know about my work but your comment has surely made me think that you've got something great going on.

    I am so grateful not for just you visiting the blog but reading it through and the feedback <3

    JazakAllah. Always keep lurking around to tell me how to better myself, will soooo appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you mean the good way @Iremi nisces

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Criticise the living day lights out me,if you will.

Popular posts from this blog

Try

A desire to be a smile maker.

Wish: Animated treasure.